Our sport-for-all vision is for sport to be at the heart of the Gordon's curriculum and character development. Maximising participation and enjoyment, with students of all abilities discovering and developing their talents and interests across a diverse range of opportunities.
Our coaching philosophy is guided by the principle that while there is no one way to deliver outstanding coaching, students should be coached in a player-centred coaching environment where they are engaged, challenged and know how to improve.
"Competitive sport is a key component in building self-esteem, confidence, school ethos and academic excellence."
platinum mark for Sports and PE
After five years of consecutive gold awards, the PE and Sports Department has been awarded the Platinum Mark - awarded to schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Only three per cent of schools in England hold the Platinum Mark.
Director of Sport, Jamie Harrison said the award reflected the “…commitment, effort and enthusiasm shown by staff day in and day out, which allows Gordon’s School students to take full advantage of all the wonderful sporting opportunities offered to them".
- Netball - U13As World School Games champions
- Netball - 1st VII World School Games runners-up
- Netball - U15As World School Games Plate winners
- Netball - 1st VII Seaford College 7s Plate winners
- Rugby 7s - 1st VII Lisbon Invitational Plate winners
- Rugby 7s - U16As Lisbon Invitational Plate winners
- Rugby 7s - 1st VII Middlesex Plate winners
- Football - 1st XI County Cup finalists
- Karting - 1st team British Schools national finalists
- Golf - 1st team HMC Foursome national finalists
- Golf - 1st team Independent Schools Golf Association (ISGA) national finalists
- Tennis - U18 Girls Tier 2 Surrey Festival winners
- Hockey - 1st VII King's College School Tournament Winners
- Football - U16s English Schools FA Cup Finalists
- Tennis - U18 Girls' First Team Branston Shield Semi-Finalists
- MUN - Gordon's School MUN Highly Commended Delegation Award
- Netball - 1st VII National Cup Semi-Finalists
- Netball - 1st VII County Cup Runners-up
- Rugby - 1st VII Surrey 7s Cup Quarter-Finalists
- Rugby - 1st VII Rosslyn Park National Bowl Semi-Finalists
- Shooting - Winners of the British Schools Team Shooting Competition
- Golf - ISGA National Champions (title retained)
- Golf - Girls' County Champions
- Equestrian - Royal Windsor Horse Show Services Jumping 4th Place
- Equestrian - Showjumping, Jumping with Style and One Day Event National Plate Finalists
- Hockey - 1st XI KCS Wimbledon Invitational Winners (title retained)
- Hockey - 1st XI Lord Wandsworth College Invitational Winners (title retained)
- Equestrian - Hickstead Eventer Challenge National Championship Finalists
- Golf - ISGA National Champions
- Golf - ISGA Schools Cup Winners
- Golf - Girls' HMC Team Champions
- Golf - HMC Foursomes Runners-up
- Golf - Millfield School Desert Springs European Schools Team 3rd Place
- Hockey - 1st XI National Cup Quarter-Finalists
- Karting - British Schools Karting Championships National Finalists (4)
- Netball - U16s County Tournament Finalists
- Rugby - 1st VII Seaford College Rugby 7s Cup Finalists
- Rugby - U16s Lisbon Junior 7s Plate Winners
heads of sport & activities
|Director of Sport||Mr J Harrisonemail@example.com|
|Head of Athletics||Mr I Jonesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Chess||Mr J Lloydemail@example.com|
|Head of Cross Country||Mrs M Justicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Cycling||Mr D Butleremail@example.com|
|Head of Equestrian||Mrs W Wilmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Football||Mr M Nashemail@example.com|
|Head of Golf||Mr D Mathewsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Hockey||Mr M Booteemail@example.com|
|Head of Karting||Mr J Sinclairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Netball||Ms N Humphrysemail@example.com|
|Head of Orienteering||Mr J Harrisonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Rowing||Ms M Shoolbreademail@example.com|
|Head of Rugby||Mr S Richardsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Shooting||Dr N Driveremail@example.com|
|Head of Tennis||Mr M Eadenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Cricket||Mr P Kingemail@example.com|
|Head of MUN||Ms J Weeksfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Fixtures and Results
Athletics is one of the main Summer sports at Gordon’s School.
During the Autumn term Gordon’s School hosts their very own Inter-House Cross Country competition.
Regardless of experience, age or gender every student has opportunities to have fun and develop
@FootballGordon 1 week ago
Throughout the academic year students are able to access the fantastic golf facilities at Foxhills
The girls' hockey teams compete at the highest standards locally and regionally and our busy
Karting has seen great success at Gordon’s with teams reaching the National Schools Finals
Rowing is a growing sport at Gordon’s School and Gordon's Boat Club has been approved to be
The Gordon's Rugby 7s programme has been hugely successful in recent years.
Cricket has progressed over the last ten years, both in terms of playing ability and facilities.
Get the wheels turning and join the Cycling Section at Gordon’s.
Our 4 module Performance Programme has been designed to assist identified teams in Athletic
This activity is a revival of an elite selected school team under the auspices and regulations
sports injury clinic
Tennis has grown rapidly over the last two years at Gordon’s, and our programme caters for