There are a wide range of opportunities available for Gordon's Sixth Form Students; from life skills, to academic endeavours, to social activities.
- Young Enterprise - The Young Enterprise Company Programme requires students to set up their own real company, develop a business idea, and then produce and sell this, thereby creating a unique and fun platform to test their entrepreneurial skills. Experienced business mentors will pass on their expertise and knowledge to students during a weekly Period 7 session, and in addition, there are regular trade fairs, workshops and competitions against other schools. Young Enterprise is open to all Sixth Form students, not just those studying Business courses. Participation can greatly enhance student CVs and UCAS personal statements, whilst developing communication, team work and critical thinking skills, all of which are essential for current studies and future employment.
- 1st Aid - The First Aid at Work (NUCO) qualification ensures our Sixth Form students can saves lives and adds another qualification to their already enhanced portfolio.
- TEFL - This short course means our Sixth Form students are qualified to Teach English as a Foreign Language.
- Cooking for university - This six week short course prepares our students for life after A–Levels.
- Leadership - The numerous leadership opportunities such as Head of House, Prefects, Duke of Edinburgh enhances the skills set and confidence of our Sixth Form students.
- Societies - Gordon’s School host a wide range of societies in which Sixth Form students can participate and lead.
- Model United Nations - A highly skilled academic activity where students assume the role of national representatives such as ambassadors to debate and solve global issues.