software guides for students
School software tutorials
To help you learn about the key software used at the school a series of short videos have been created. It is a good idea to pause the video to allow you to follow the steps whilst watching.
Student Portal – Start here!
Learn about the main software used by the School and how to access them via the Student Portal
Firefly – Timetables, prep, school information
Explains how to logon to Firefly, along with an overview of the key features.
Learn how to find prep your teachers have set for you.
Shows how to find the detailed information about prep set, and how to complete it ready for your teacher to review.
Microsoft Outlook – Email
Learn how to use Microsoft Outlook to send an email
How to document items attached to an email
Explains how to reply to an email you have received
How to attach files an email you are sending
Microsoft Teams – Classwork
Explains how to open Teams and find classwork assignments.
Microsoft OneNote – Classwork and notetaking
Explains how to open OneNote and find notebooks.
Learn how to use the accessibility features of OneNote to help read material presented.
Learn how to create your own notes in OneNote, using the software to store text, files, images and other information.
Microsoft OneDrive – files
Explains how to create folders in OneDrive to help organise your files
Learn how to upload images from Office Lens on a phone direct to OneDrive
Learn how to print to the School printers
Need help with your tablet?
If you are having a technical issue with your tablet please contact the IT Helpdesk. Where possible email the Helpdesk following instructions below. If you cannot email, please visit the IT support team.
1. Send an email to email@example.com
2. In the Subject field, provide a brief summary of the issue you are experiencing.
3. In the body of the email, provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing. Include what you are trying to do, software used, and steps taken before experiencing the problem. Be sure to include any error messages.
4. Attach screenshots to show the issue where possible, as these can be very helpful.
5. Finally, make sure you include the name of your House.