The extensive range of traditional team games, and competitive and recreational activities which we provide for students, forms a vital part of the Gordon’s curriculum because the character qualities required to be successful in sport are essential to academic and life success. Set in over 50 acres of beautiful Surrey countryside, Gordon’s offers a vast range of sporting opportunities from golf and rowing to horse riding and karting.
"Competitive sport is a key component in building self-esteem, confidence, school ethos and academic excellence."
platinum mark for Sports and PE
After five years of consecutive gold awards, the PE and Sports Department has been awarded the Platinum Mark - awarded to schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Only 3% of schools in England hold the Platinum Mark.
Director of Sport, Jamie Harrison said the award reflected the “…commitment, effort and enthusiasm shown by staff day in and day out, which allows Gordon’s School students to take full advantage of all the wonderful sporting opportunities offered to them.”
- Girls' HMC Team Champions , 2020.
- ISGA National Champions, 2020
- ISGA Schools Golf Cup Winners, 2020
- Seaford Rugby 7s Cup Finalists, 2020
- IGSA Golf National Finalists, 2020
- 2nd place in the HMC Foursomes Golf 2020
- Gordon's equestrian team NSEA Eventer Challenge Championship finalists 2020
- 1st XI football team semi-finalists in the English Schools' FA Cup, 2018 and 2019
- Millfield and Desert Springs European Schools Golf Team Championship, 2019
- County girls golf champions, 2018
- 1st XI football team national state boarding schools cup winners, 2018
- U13 hockey team national state boarding schools cup winners, 2018
- 1st VII netball team national state boarding schools cup runners-up, 2018
- Gordon's karting team British Schools Karting Championships national finalists for the last 3 years
- Gordon's equestrian team Dressage and Show Jumping National Plate finalists, 2018
heads of sport & activities
|Director of Co-Curricular||Ms C Holmesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Director of Sport||Mr J Harrisonemail@example.com|
|Head of Girls' Athletics||Mrs M Justicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Boys' Athletics||Mr I Jonesemail@example.com|
|Head of Cross Country||Mrs M Justicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Cycling||Mr D Aukettemail@example.com|
|Head of Equestrian||Mrs Wilmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Football||Mr P Kingemail@example.com|
|Head of Golf||Mr D Mathewsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Hockey||Mr D Mathewsemail@example.com|
|Head of Karting||Mr J Sinclairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Netball||Ms N Humphrysemail@example.com|
|Head of Orienteering||Mr D Aukettfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Rowing||Mr J Harrisonemail@example.com|
|Head of Rugby||Mr C Daviesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Swimming||Mrs M Justiceemail@example.com|
|Head of Shooting||Mr J Harrisonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Cricket||Mr P Kingemail@example.com|
|Head of Rounders||Mrs S Forsterfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of MUN||Ms C Copemanemail@example.com|
Fixtures and Results
Athletics is one of the main summer sports at Gordon’s School.
During the Autumn term Gordon’s School hosts their very own Inter-House Cross Country competition.
Regardless of experience, age or gender every student has opportunities to have fun and develop
@FootballGordon 1 month ago
Throughout the academic year students are able to access the fantastic golf facilities at Foxhills
The girls' hockey teams compete at the highest standards locally and regionally and our busy
Karting has seen great success at Gordon’s with teams reaching the National Schools Finals
Rowing is a growing sport at Gordon’s School and Gordon's Boat Club has been approved to be
The Gordon's Rugby 7s programme has been hugely successful in recent years.
With a pool onsite this allows Gordon’s School to hold its own Inter-House Swimming competition.
Cricket has progressed over the last ten years, both in terms of playing ability and facilities.
Our 4 module performance programme has been designed to assist identified teams in Sport Nutrition,