Netball is the major sport for girls during the Spring Term.
Teams play against local independent schools at the weekend, entering District and County competitions. Some of our students have been selected to represent at County and Regional Netball level.
Head of Netball Nicole Humphrys, who plays in the Vitality Netball Superleague with Surrey Storm, is passionate about building both participation and performance at Gordon’s School.
With over 20 netball teams our programme caters for all ages and abilities.
Gordon’s have links with a number of Superleague franchises with athletes at U17 (Academies) and U19 (NPL), including London Pulse, Saracens Mavericks and Surrey Storm. We also have younger athletes featuring in the England Netball Performance Pathway at Satellite and County Academies.
Our high performance players are supported with 1:1 sessions, individualised strength and conditioning programmes (lead by head of S&C Ian Jones), and video analysis.
Facilities and Coaching
With a developing fixture programme, we have four outdoor netball courts and brand new sports hall (due for completion in September ). Our programme is supported by netball specialist coaches who help run our teams, where our girls receive excellent technical coaching of the game.
- We enter local leagues and play in district tournaments throughout the year.
- We enter national school cups and competitions
- In the Spring term we play friendlies against independent schools on Saturdays and Wednesdays
Opportunities / Events
- Our Year 9’s were given the opportunity to be ball girls for a Superleague Match (2020)
- Key Stage 3 Trip to a Surrey Storm Superleague Game (2020)
- Trip to Liverpool to watch the Netball World Cup (2019)
- Masterclass with Superleague player Jo Trip (2018)
|Head of Netball:||Ms Nicole Humphrys - firstname.lastname@example.org|