The following events have so far been scheduled for the academic year 2018/19
View all the careers events on the school calendar here.
All career industry talks during the spring timetable will take place in the Library from 3.55-4.55pm. Students must collect a ticket from reception in advance to attend.
Autumn Term 2018
- Y13 Psychometric results and discussions about university, 1:1
Spring Term 2019
- Y11 students who have not applied to Gordon’s 6th Form, 1:1
- Y9 group meetings about options
- Y12 intervention students, 1:1
- In February, all Y10 tutor groups will receive a questionnaire to outline their plans for the future. Students requiring most help will be prioritised in the Summer Term and be scheduled first.
Summer Term 2019
- Y10 Psychometric results, 1:1
- Y10 group discussions if did not do psychometric tests
- Requests from other year groups, either 1:1 or group.
- Y12 Psychometric results, provided results are returned, 1:1
forthcoming Career-Industry Talks
Autumn Term 2018
- Tuesday 18th September - A career in the fashion industry
- Tuesday 2nd October - A career in the theatre (sound/lighting)
- Tuesday 16th October - A career in the NHS
- Tuesday 27th November - A career in the Police
- Tuesday 11th December - A career in plant science
previous career industry talks
Spring Term 2018
- Tuesday 9th January- A career in the RAF
- Tuesday 23rd January- A career in the Fire Service
- Tuesday 6th Feb- A career in Architectural Technology
Autumn Term 2017
- Tuesday 19th September- A career in Law
- Tuesday 3rd October- A career in Marketing
- Tuesday 14th November- A career in Engineering
- Tuesday 28th November- A career in Teaching
- Tuesday 12th Dec- A career in Veterinary Science