Autumn Term 2018
- Tuesday 18th September - A career in the fashion industry
- Tuesday 2nd October - A career in the theatre (sound/lighting)
- Tuesday 16th October - A career in the NHS
- Tuesday 27th November - A career in the Police
- Tuesday 11th December - A career in media
Spring Term 2019
- Tuesday 22nd January - A career in digital design
Careers and Work Related Learning
Students at Gordon’s School can expect a wide variety of activities to enhance their Careers and Work Related Education. There are fortnightly careers talks, appointments with our Careers Adviser - Mark Anderson, CV workshops, careers fairs and many other activities. Careers education starts in Y7, and continues until students leave us in Y13. Y10 and Y12 students also have the opportunity to complete work experience in the last week of the Summer Term.
Can you help?
We are always looking for innovative ways to improve our careers programme, If you would like to be involved with the careers programme at Gordon’s or know someone at your workplace who could be of any assistance please contact:
Investor in Careers Award
The Quality in Careers Standard is designed as a development and external assessment framework for accrediting the highest quality CEIAG provision by education providers. Investor in Careers supports educational providers to meet the National Quality in Careers Standard through our unique 3 stage approach which focuses on Commitment, Organisation, Delivery and Evaluation. Our approach to meeting the national Standards supports schools to deliver effective CEIAG, meet statutory and Ofsted inspection requirements and improve their student’s life chances.
For more information about this award, please click here.
Student Entitlement Statement
At Gordon’s you can expect to have:
- Access to information and time to research careers during school
- Talks from people who are in the profession you want to go into
- Useful work experience (including experience in the industry you would want to be in)
- Tests to see what job would suit you best
- No pressure to decide what you want to do
- Information on the job you want to do – hours, salaries, qualifications and skills
Meet the team:
Miss Alexa Tarsey
Mr Mark Anderson
Click here for information on Skills London 2018 - the UK's biggest jobs and careers event for 15 to 24 year olds and their families.