Aims and ethos
More than the best possible examination results, a thorough preparation for life.
Our aim is to develop rounded world class, world citizens with the character, capabilities and confident humility to achieve well, to stay active, to appreciate what they have and to connect and give back to the communities in which they live and work. Such students lead happier lives.
- In modern ideas alongside traditional values;
- In a broad and balanced curriculum that promotes an academic and active life where students are immersed in a diverse range of activities and are able to discover and develop their talents and interests to the highest possible standard. Developing the knowledge, skills, attributes and behaviours necessary for success;
- In Gordon’s principally as a centre for teaching and learning based on high standards and expectations, where students of all abilities learn, students enjoy learning and teachers enjoy teaching;
- In a House system and a disciplined environment without shortcuts as the best way to guarantee outstanding pastoral and academic care;
- That high performance without good character is not true success at all.
five Year Vision Statement
OUR VISION IS FOR THE NATIONAL MEMORIAL TO GENERAL GORDON TO BE MORE THAN A SCHOOL, BUT A SYMBOL OF WHAT CAN BE ACHIEVED BY A COMMUNITY UNITED IN MAKING AN OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION FOR THE GOOD OF GLOBAL SOCIETY, THROUGH ITS EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND THROUGH THE LIVES GORDONIANS GO ON TO LEAD.
Key Theme 1: Promoting Scholarship
Key Theme 2: Embracing Character Education
Key Theme 3: Site development and commitment to boarding and extra-curricular life
Key Theme 4: Synergy and development of staff
Key Theme 5: Wider involvement and partnerships
Vision 2030 is pending...