After hearing that Gordonian Sam Doble had been paralysed in a motorbike accident last year, boys from his old house Sandringham, set about raising money to help him buy specialist equipment and fund adaptions to his home. Sam, who continued to supervise the multi-gym in the evenings after he had left Gordon’s, nearly lost his life in the accident last February in which doctors gave him just a two per cent chance of walking again. Despite the low odds, Sam is determined he will walk again. Boys from his old house held numerous fundraising events for him and raising over £500 which they were delighted to be able to present to him when he visited them recently. They have also offered to give up their time to garden for him.