Gordonian Awards 2019
We are delighted to announce that the Gordonians will once again be funding both a Sport and a Creative Art award for students currently in Year 11. To be eligible, a student must be able to demonstrate excellence in a sporting or creative arts (music, drama, photography, art, design) discipline. The award is worth up to £1,000 payable over three years (Years 11, 12 & 13) in pursuit of excellence in the student’s chosen discipline.
What do we expect from an award winner?
Award winners are expected to be fully engaged in their sport/creative art discipline at Gordon’s School and to:
- aspire and work at developing their own skills and talents in their chosen discipline, taking advantage of the opportunities offered to them;
- demonstrate enthusiasm, integrity and courtesy in all that they do;
- show a genuine desire to contribute to the development of their discipline within the School;
- set a visible example, as an award winner, to the wider school, be punctual, dress appropriately and exhibit positive behaviour in all aspects of Gordon’s School life.
Awards are reviewed annually and their continuance is dependent upon attitude, conduct, and participation. In addition, to receive the award in Years 12 and 13 you must continue to study at Gordon’s School; therefore should you decide not to return (or be unable to fulfil the entry requirements) your award will cease at the end of Year 11.
What is the award?
Gordonian award winners are eligible to claim expenses associated with their discipline. These are worth up to £1,000 payable over three years (Years 11, 12 & 13). Payments to previous recipients have helped to fund coaching/tuition; equipment & materials; examination/competition entry fees.
Recipients will have their names entered on the Gordonian Awards Board on public display in the School Dining Hall to record and recognise their outstanding achievements in their field.
At the end of Year 11, a presentation will be made at the Upper School Prize-giving in the Summer Term.
Please note that these awards are separate from the Sixth Form Scholarships offered by the School. Applications, interviews and receipt of a Gordonian Award are entirely separate and will not prejudice any application made for Scholarship or Bursary from the School.
How do I apply?
- Select the relevant button below to be directed to the award application form
- Completed applications and all associated references and evidence should be submitted by Tuesday 2nd October 2019.
- All applications will be considered and short-listed applicants will be interviewed for their specific award. The short-listing of applicants and interviews are scheduled before October half-term with results to be communicated immediately after half-term.
Questions should be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is not necessary for applicants to study sport, music, drama, art, design or photography at GCSE in order to qualify for an award. However, it will be a requirement for any successful recipient to participate in, contribute to, and represent the School in the relevant discipline for which the award has been made.